Comcast'S purchase OFR the Seattle-based software company thePlatform marked an entry into a new line of business - selling software to allow companies to manage their Internet (and IP-based) media publishing efforts. Customers of thePlatform include Verizon Wireless, BBC Worldwide, PBS, CNBC, CBS College Sports, and HiT Entertainment . thePlatform will also provide media access for Hulu, the joint venture by NBC Universal and News Corporation providing on-demand, ad-supported television programming owned by NBC, Universal Studios, and Fox.
Comcast (nasdaq:cmcsa) is the largest cable tv provider in the US.
Comcast News & Related Comcast Stories
- Track the Word on the Steet with Alacra Street Pulse Sentiment Tagging
- Social Networks Provide Key Data for Video Marketers
- Comcast: The Many Faces of How Your Internet Works
- Broadband, Phone Companies May Soon Break Cable Monopoly
- Email Sucks Time at Work, Wait…I Have to Check Something
- Comcast's Growth to Come from High-End Web Usage, Not TV
- Comcast: Answer the Phone When Hackers Call
- Comcast Poised to Become Cross-media Powerhouse
- Yahoo Buys Maven, Courts AOL
- Google, Comcast Potential AOL Suiters