Sony Corporation of America, based in New York, NY, is a U.S. subsidiary of Sony Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo. Sony is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications, and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Its motion picture, television, computer entertainment, music and online businesses make Sony one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., and Sony BMG Music Entertainment, one of the largest recorded music companies in the world. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $88.7 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2008, and it employs 180,500 people worldwide. Sony’s consolidated sales in the U.S. for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2008 were $29 billion.
Sony News & Related Sony Stories
- UPDATE: Freeverse, Epic Tilt, Ooyala & other Tech Companies to Watch
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Long-Term Goal: Challenge HBO & On-Demand Cable
- Slump In Video Games Sales Bruises Best Buy Profit
- Google China Music Service Brightens Future for Major Record Labels
- Gadgets or Travel: Which Will You Cut During the Recession?
- Tech Companies to Watch in 2009
- Will Blu-Ray Eventually Knockout Movie Theaters?
- Sony Battery Recall for HP,Dell and Toshiba May Help Samsung
- Microsoft Xbox 360 Streams Netflix Movies, Snags Living Room
- Life With Sony (Playstation)
Sony Contact Info
A: 550 Madison Ave. New York NY 10022