Facebook is a social utility that helps people better understand the world around them. Facebook develops technologies that facilitate the spread of information through social networks allowing people to share information online the same way they do in the real world. Facebook is made up of many networks - individual schools, companies or regions - each of which are independent and closed off to non-affiliated users. To join Facebook, people can authenticate into a school or work network, or they can join a regional network. They can then create profiles to connect with friends, share interests, join groups, send messages, write notes and post photos.
Facebook News & Related Facebook Stories
- For My Final Entry: My Top 10 Favorite Stories for Marketingshift.com
- 5 Reasons Why MySpace is Dying & Facebook is Growing
- HighGear Media Car Review Network launches Twitter Car Tweets & Facebook Connect Integration
- Clay Shirky Explains How Twitter & Facebook Have Changed Geopolitics
- Citizen Reports of Iran Protests Show Social Media's Power Over Ahmadinejad
- Wendy's Promotes Fathers Day Weekend Frosties @ Frostycard.com
- Owen Van Natta: Creative Profiles Distinguish MySpace From Facebook
- Facebook Usernames Unavailable to New Members
- Facebook Usernames = Another Puzzling Move by Zuckerberg
- Iranians Promote Mir Hussein Mousavi for President w/ Social Networks
We track both past and present Facebook employees and key Facebook executives.