Target was founded by George D. Dayton in 1902 as Dayton Dry Goods Company. The first Target store opened in Roseville Minnesota in 1962 and the company's name officially changed to Target in 2000.
Target is the fifth largest retailer by sales revenue in the United States, behind Wal-Mart, The Home Depot, Kroger, and Costco.
Target News & Related Target Stories
- Lookout Target and Wal-Mart: ALDI Stores Are Coming
- Black Friday Could be a Boom or a Bust for Retailers
- Advertisers Target Social Networkers
- Video Ads Target Past Visits
- Target Office Furniture Hmmm