The National Broadcasting Company (NBC) is an American television network headquartered in the GE Building in New York City's Rockefeller Center. It is sometimes referred to as the Peacock Network due to its stylized peacock logo.
Formed in 1926 by the Radio Corporation of America (RCA), NBC was the first major broadcast network in the United States. In 1986, control of NBC passed to General Electric (GE), with GE's $6.4 billion purchase of RCA. After the acquisition, the chief executive of NBC was Bob Wright, until he retired, giving his job to Jeff Zucker. The network is currently part of the media company NBC Universal, a unit of General Electric and Vivendi.
NBC News & Related NBC Stories
- Why Google Really Wants Twitter: Real Time Sentiment Analysis Scoring
- Hulu Friends Combines Video Portal w/ Social Network Features
- No Adobe Flash = No Hulu App for iPhone
- Tribune and other Conglomerates Opt for Mixpo over Google
- Most 0verused Phrases during Mplanet Marketing Conference
- Are Super Bowl Ads still Worth the High Price?
- Smaller Markets on OMVC Mobile DTV Launch Station List
- NBC and Fox Affiliates Will Share News Helicopters
- NBC Frees TV Downloads
- Online TV Reaching Masses