Main > Archives > 2009 > June > Dhani Jones &Travel Channel Prep for Dhani Tackles the Globe Season 2

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Dhani Jones &Travel Channel Prep for Dhani Tackles the Globe Season 2

dhani jones

Dhani Jones has a hunger for adventure, whether it's eating live bugs, throwing giant boulders or learning the Asian kickboxing sport known as Muay Thai, the Travel Channel followed his journey during the first season of Dhani Tackles the Globe. Fans  will be happy to see their favorite NFL linebacker back in action for second season. Jones recently announced the good news via his Twitter page, and now he's seeking fan input for season 2 ideas.

Dhani's latest Tweet is yet another great example for establishing brand recognition, expanding your exposure and engaging your fanbase simultaneously.
You may recall Marketing Shift's weekly updates crediting Dhani's marketing team for their efficient use of social networks  throughout Season 1. Dhani frequently updated fans on the show with video posts on Dhani's Youtube Channel and his Facebook page. Today, Jones encouraged his followers on Twitter to submit any ideas they might have for  season 2.

Dhani's promotion model follows one of the main principles Wharton School of Business professor Jerry Wind emphasized at Mplanet 2009. Wind,  who serves as Wharton's Director of the SEI Center for Advanced Studies in Management said:

The challenge for a company is 'how do I create a platform that encourages the consumer to interact with me?' Start leveraging the power of open innovation and network orchestration. All of these are perfect for today's environment.

(11) Thoughts on Dhani Jones &Travel Channel Prep for Dhani Tackles the Globe Season 2

We watched every episode. Dhani seemed very diplomatic and represented the US very well.

Comments by mike and angie : Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 12:10 AM

I watched every episode. I liked them a lot.
Things I liked:
The scenery, the cultures, Dhani when he was humble, Dhani learning new things, Dhani competing and bringing a little in game attitude against competition.
Didn't like it when Dhani got to caught up in his own persona/celebrity and when he seemed to into himself.

Looking forward to season 2. Just not a too cocky Dhani.

Comments by Juan : Friday, October 09, 2009 at 04:51 PM

I loved the unusual foods. I did not like all the drinking. Also, he turned into a punk, baby in Switzerland when he thought the ref/judge was not being fair. Get over it! Less shopping and more actual culture would be cool too.

Comments by Beth : Monday, November 09, 2009 at 05:54 PM

I'm proud that a non stereotypical American is representing what an American is to other countries around the world. It helps to break the stereotype that all Americans look like John Wayne or George Clooney. He's amusing to watch, but some of his faux pas are excruciating to watch (like Jerry Springer). He definitely likes to be the center of attention.

--Ingrid

Comments by Ingrid : Monday, November 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Dhani
Your show is the best. Loved season 1, wouldn't do anything any differently. For season 2, ever consider doing an episode where you and Anthony Bourdain share a meal or two and/or the cultural experience of the country you're visiting?

Comments by Jim B. : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 at 03:59 PM

dhani love love your show , can't wait for the second season. please hurry up. my favorite show from last season was when you went fox hunting ,you fell but you got right back up .HURRY COME BACK!!!

Comments by tricia b. : Sunday, January 03, 2010 at 03:53 PM

I love the show. My favorite one is when you were in Ireland. You went to the races and tried to talk to that old man and he totally ignored you.

I can't wait for season 2. You have brought much happiness and laughter to my family. Thank-you Dhani

Comments by Bev : Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 07:04 PM

One of the best shows I have watched! Dhani is great and I love his willingness to embrace the culture.

My favorites were Ireland, England, and Spain. Would like to see him stay with sports as opposed to fighting and boat racing.

Comments by Kyle : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 08:25 PM

I liked watching Dahani getting drunk.

Comments by Justin : Wednesday, March 03, 2010 at 02:02 PM

loved everything about season 1. More shirtless episodes pls

Comments by f.b. : Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 03:21 PM

Dhani, you're amazing! I love this show I watch it on netflix all of the time. I can't wait for season 2, let's go to El Salvador, also how about Puerto Rico technically it's not a country, but who knows? Might be fun! Might try out baseball there or something else.

Comments by Eric : Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 07:53 PM