Main > Archives > 2008 > October > HBO Vampire Series True Blood Adds Four Stars for Season 2

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

HBO Vampire Series True Blood Adds Four Stars for Season 2

true blood logo HBO

HBO may have found its newest hit, with Trueblood, a series about Vampires who have successfully shed their social stigma and become part of everyday society, thanks to a Japanese-created synthetic blood beverage-TruBlood. The  marketing team made a splash with a bold viral marketing campaign to popular bloggers. In case you missed Jason's post last month, he received a sample of True Blood in the mail.

Acccording to Hollywoodreporter.com, four guest stars -Mehcad Brooks, Todd Lowe, Deborah Ann Woll and Michelle Forbes- were signed on as regulars for the next season. The show is based on a series of books by Charlaine Harris, - the Sookie Stackhouse series. Alan Ball, creator of HBO's Six Feet Under, read several of the books and collaborated with Harris to start the series.

The show, which debuted a month ago, has received critical praise, including the LA weekly, where Robert Able wrote

There’s the appeal of the minority metaphor, too. In the show’s setup, vampires are a long-entrenched underclass that have come out of the coffin to assert their right to be mainstreamed into society, thanks to a widely sold, Japanese-created synthetic blood beverage....It’s easy to like True Blood, because Ball’s episodic smarts are primal, not at a remove, and he approaches supernaturalism by emphasizing the natural over the super.

Judging from the notable buzz the show has created on Google trends, the series has already attracted a loyal fan base, and should be another strong addition to HBO's acclaimed line of original programs.

By Matt O'Hern at 09:35 AM | Comments (92)

(92) Thoughts on HBO Vampire Series True Blood Adds Four Stars for Season 2

I am a late bloomer when it comes to Trueblood, but I was sprung from the first time I saw it. I've watched everything that HBO offers regarding "Trueblood" and I am always looking for someone to exhange experiences and responses...it is so awesome. It is like nothing I have ever seen before. Others have touched on these ideas but none have come close to "Trueblood!" It's as addicting as "V" and I am as hooked as Jason. It's impossible to pick out a favorite character because they are so diverse...LaFayette (whose ambiguity speaks for its self)...Sookie (strong, but with an innocence)...they are all just great!!! I am waiting to see how little mysteries unravel and I'm so hooked that I watch past episodes to carry me over until new ones and to try and pick up on what I may have missed. I find that I'm already fretting about what to do when the season ends...maybe I'll get some Trueblood!!!

Comments by Dee-mada : Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM

FANG ME AGAIN AND AGAIN...WHAT A THRILL!! PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T KILL BILL!!!

Comments by JAJA933 : Friday, October 31, 2008 at 04:06 PM

HBO has a huge hit on its hands! I cant wait for the True Blood Feature Film! just like Sex and The City there will be one! I just Know it! where they can do more storylines in the books!! Sookie can have all her Romances! They have to come back with a new season in 6 months! or they will hurt there Loyal Audience!
True Blood is the new Mash sorry Anne Rice but True Blood is our generations Dark Shadows!! and like mash I hope the series goes 11 years! we love these charaters!!

Comments by Ariana Losco : Sunday, November 02, 2008 at 04:40 AM

Trueblood is the best tv show yet. There is suspense, drama, and a love story. Everytime you turn around there is a new suprise or outcome. It truly is addictive. Every episode has a ending that leaves you begging for more. I look forward to Sunday night at 9pm. This series is getting more and more interesting. I will be watching this show as long as they are making them. I'm hope this series never ends. Does anyone else feel that, that hour flys while watching it.

Comments by Rebecca : Sunday, November 02, 2008 at 10:40 PM

that right don't kill Bill he is to good of an actor, and i am sad that it is already ending, now what am i gonna watch on sundays, well i hope that u guys are working on more, and yes the hour does fly by, u can not help but get really involved with this show it is exciting and everything all in one!!! i don't even watch soaps anymore!! lol

Comments by kay : Tuesday, November 04, 2008 at 03:37 PM

This show is amazing!! I love every minute of it and have show times and dates saved in my phone, havent missed a show yet!! but however, new cast star "jasons" new girlfriend is a lil annoying! she talks toooo much!! can she die!? And im so glad about Sam being a dog!! honestly I figured he was a dog from the first episode when it showed the dog picture on the wall with the blonde girl on the floor under the tree, Yeah I know, I have a good eye on things. Im also hoping Bill doesnt go away for to long, please dont take him out of the show for too long, hes the one who makes the whole show i think.

Comments by Amanda Love : Tuesday, November 04, 2008 at 05:43 PM

Really I mean come on? Finally a Vampire Series better than Buffy The Vampire Slayer. But guess what Adult FORM! I love it, I fell in love with Bill just like I did with Spike and Angel in Buffy. Its unbelievable. I cant wait for more seasons, I CANT WAIT TO BUY THEM ON DVD. I love the characters, and can't wait for more.

And like said above "PLEASE PLEASE DONT KILL BILL"

Comments by Brittany : Wednesday, November 05, 2008 at 02:54 PM

Don't Mess With Bill no, no, no, no
Don't Mess With Bill. Leave my Billy alone, Keep Eric on loan

Comments by Michele Shelvin-Story : Thursday, November 06, 2008 at 10:42 AM

the wait for season 2 is so long...and what sucks is that I always have to wait till sunday to watch it! :[

Comments by Mary : Thursday, November 06, 2008 at 10:28 PM

I dread the end of the season. The winter will be a long one! Thank God for the books and TV reruns. vv

Comments by Rue : Thursday, November 06, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Agree with everyone! Love the show, am obsessed! They will not kill Bill, no way no how.

Comments by Elana : Saturday, November 08, 2008 at 01:20 PM

I have watched trublood since it started. I was hooked as soon as i saw the 1st episode.
2 more episodes what do you mean there are only 2 more left. Now What??!!
I dont really watch any thing but i have really gotten into this.
keep em coming

Comments by heather : Monday, November 10, 2008 at 11:44 PM

True Blood has an extraordinary mixture of genres. Comedy, horror, drama and let us not forget romance. Charlaine Harris books are fantastic. A wonderful cast along with an imaginative creator keeps the viewers craving for more. I just hope that there will be a season 2 and if so, it couldn't come soon enough!

Comments by FatJan : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 04:24 PM

Oh my word u don't even know whatu are doing to me!!!This show is the BEST and why did this b**** have to kill the man(fang) in the basement she's f***in the head so where is there V going to come from now.Hey get this on the road don't let this end like this!!!I GET SO HEATED UP OFF THIS STORY HELL DO YOU NEED ANOTHER CHICK IN THIS MOVIE?????Well here i am and I'M from down south for real!!!!!! Let me know i can give you what you need to up dose this.Thats how much I LUV IT!!!!

Comments by germanysan24 : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 12:25 AM

OMG...Do you know I count the hours to watch this series. Bill you are the bomb! Watching you on screen, I can really sense that you are truly in love with Sookie. The series is really magnificant. Keep them coming.

Comments by Valencia247 : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 09:20 PM

This show has pulled me in the way nothing EVER has.... I find myself needing me some Bill after work. with "True Blood" on demand (I WONT WATCH ANYTHING ELSE) Im so addicted to Lafayett,Sook,Bill "everyone" and the dog...... and I dont mean Jason .... I love this show and I cant wait to run home and see it EVERY SUNDAY ..DONT KILL BILL PLEEEEEEZZZZE ........ ALIVE IN DALLAS

Comments by dbldavila : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 10:02 PM

My husband and I love HBO's True Blood, and always look forward to Sunday evenings (and yes, we do have a life)!!!

Please don't stop this series!

Comments by T. Bebel Gilberto Badger : Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 09:45 AM

Hubby and I didn't think HBO could come up with another Sopranos, but, boy WERE WE WRONG!! Absolutely addicted to TrueBlood...really wish there were more than 12 episodes this first season....anyone know exactly when the next season will start? Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Comments by Annielou : Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 07:22 PM

favorite show ive ever watched. cant get enough!!!! what am i going to do without it :( i love bill!!!!!

Comments by a : Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 07:43 PM

I love the Sookie Stakhouse books by Charlaine Harris. They are a hoot; sexy, laugh-out-loud, and clever. I was excited to see that HBO was doing a series but was worried about the changes. I lost the worry after the first episode. Charlaine Harris humor is intact. Her twists and surprises still delight. I want to be friends with Sookie, ogle Bill, get makeup tips from Lafayette, and give Jason a big kick. Sam is a great guy, and Tara is a howl. Yes, keep it up...do all the books.

Comments by Monica : Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 10:17 PM

I waited a year for Trueblood to come out. I have read the books at least 3 times. I live for Sunday at 9pm...Trueblood is perfect! I can't wait for more!

Comments by angie : Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 10:48 PM

finding out that season two wont happen until summer is killing me!!!!! My man and I have watched since day one and knew it would be a hit. We are dieing that our Sunday nights are done for, after this next episide. Yes we do have have a life. We just enjoy this. Bill and Sookie are great. We have our thoughts on what will happen but season two needs to hurry up. We can't wait. Don't keep your fan base waiting too long.

Comments by Ruby Lashley : Monday, November 17, 2008 at 12:16 AM

Glad to hear from fellow addicts who'll be going through withdrawal until June. This show is so wonderfully escapist. The screenplays are a boldly imaginative adaptation of the books, which I've read many times. Sure, it's apples and oranges to some extent, but always rewarding nonetheless with great emotional range and depth. I watch the show several times a week to pick up on any nuances or production values I might have missed with the show's fast pace. I think the performances are in the knock-your-socks-off league and the cast seems to be having fun, an added plus. Gonna be getting some Emmys for sure. Come quickly, June.

Comments by evilgramma : Monday, November 17, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Walmart has the Southern Vampire Mysteries Book Set (the first 7 books) for only $28 online. I can't wait to read them all. I am also addicted as most any viewer of True Blood has become. I keep up on the Wiki fan base blogs for spoilers...http://truebloodwiki.hbo.com/thread/1966371/Enter+if+you+dare...ULTIMATE+SPOILS

Comments by Z : Monday, November 17, 2008 at 01:25 PM

Brilliant !!! True Blood is the best show ever created.

I am in Love

Comments by Melissa : Monday, November 17, 2008 at 07:08 PM

The books are great but I don't like some of the things that happen in them I hope they change some of the stuff in the show like they already have. I havent read all the books yet, but I hope they don't kill of Bill. If they do well then in my opnion.. that would so ruin the show.

Comments by Tavia : Monday, November 17, 2008 at 08:16 PM

I'm sorry for the typos.. Recap in short love the books love show even more DON'T KILL BILL show would be unwatchable without him

Comments by Tavia : Monday, November 17, 2008 at 08:19 PM

Imádom
from Hungary:P

Comments by Gyöngyi Kurusa : Monday, November 24, 2008 at 03:01 PM

True Blood Rules! I love it, very addictive just like a good drug.

Comments by Jason : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 12:49 PM

I love True blood! It keep you coming back for more.

Comments by Ray : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 02:38 AM

Best show of all times.I LOVE ITY.Ilove bill,he makes me wish there was such things lol.I hate that its gonna be so long b4 season 2,how will I get my biil fix.Can't wait,I did buy all the books so I will have to read them,although things are differnt in the book.

Comments by lisa : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Now that the first season is over six months cannot come around fast enough for season two. When the last show ended I was so bummed out, I need more!!! I love TRUEBLOOD, by far this is my favorite show I'M HOOKED.

Comments by DeAnna : Monday, December 01, 2008 at 03:29 PM

when is season 2 of true blood?..i cant wait. i love this show. bill and sookie 4ever..lol..

Comments by Nasia : Monday, December 01, 2008 at 06:09 PM

I AM ADDICTED AND I NEED MORE NOW !!!!!!!!

Comments by BETTIEBUDS : Monday, December 01, 2008 at 06:51 PM

It's Smart. At first I didn't touch it because it just seemed so far from six feet under but now I can see the Allen Ball in it and I really like it. True Blood is very smart, Sexy and funny! Well done.

Comments by Shanna : Wednesday, December 03, 2008 at 02:59 AM

i love this show i cant wait for season 2. Bill is my world

Comments by fanglove : Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 03:54 PM

When does the 2nd series start?? We don't know if we can wait too long! We are sooo hooked, Bill and Sookie are the best couple ever, I hope they are always together! BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Comments by Tru Blood FANS! : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 07:17 PM

o my god i seriously can't get enough of it. I think Im in love. lol. i just hope there will be more, because i feel like I've been left hanging.

more please

Comments by London Boxie : Friday, December 19, 2008 at 03:14 AM

Luv the show..but DO NOT TAKE
BILL OUT. Big mistake if there is less Bill. Actually how about more Bill and Sookie.

Comments by jezzi : Monday, December 22, 2008 at 10:21 PM

I love the show. Then I read the Sookie Stackhouse novels in like, two weeks, and now am I like a 28-year-old teenie bopper at a New-Kids concert. I am completely obsessed. Someone please help me. Eric loves Sookie just as much but in a more superficial way. Who cares. Love is love and blood is blood.

Comments by So much love....Please don't take. : Thursday, December 25, 2008 at 12:16 AM

I HATE BILL!!! he should be killed off and discredited before he is in the books... honestly Quinn is my favorite and Eric is second!!! but i do love the show... but still hate bill on tv or in the books!!!

Comments by chell stanton : Thursday, December 25, 2008 at 12:56 AM

umm. i really love vampire shows. and i think that anna is a great actres. and stephen is a great actor. and no matter where the show goes i would like to see them together. it prolly be cool if "sookie" became a vamp. herself. but thats all up to the writters. im just a viewer. i think that anna is very pretty. and stephen is very handsome. he may be in his 30's but hes hott!! lol well i love true blood, and i hope it never goes off the air. hahaha

Comments by Tiffany : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 02:42 PM

Bill is hot! I mean he looks so interesting I wish I was sookie on dat set just kissing him lol I luv da show can't wait for it to start again

Comments by nancy : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 11:39 PM

True blood is awesome, the acting is so good. I'm late to the series but i am so hooked. I think about constantly what!

Comments by Cathy : Thursday, January 01, 2009 at 03:44 PM

new season please!!! i cant wait..

Comments by John Joe : Friday, January 02, 2009 at 01:31 AM

when does season 2 start???

Comments by maggie : Friday, January 02, 2009 at 11:56 AM

When does season two start? will sookie hook up with eric instead of Bill....love this!!!!

Comments by cindy : Saturday, January 03, 2009 at 03:47 PM

I love this show I'm a complete obsessed fan....I love vamp shows buffy angel...all of them I have all the season..I gotta say this show true blood is def the best series out of any that I have ever in my life seen....I am stuck watching reruns until next season but I can watch them over n over again...can't wiat to see what happens in season 2...omg I can't wait lol.....

Comments by susan : Tuesday, January 06, 2009 at 09:51 PM

I looked this up to see what people thought of the series. I don't have HBO, but I'm a HUGE FAN of the books. I've read them all, and I've reread most of them at least once or twice.

For those of you who are such adamant bill lovers, you should go read the books. After book five, you might hate him. I know I did.. Then again, I liked Eric right from teh start. I'd pick Sam, Alcide, Quinn or Eric before I ever back Bill up. Bill has secrets.... and they aren't pretty...

I am a huge Eric fan!!!YAY GO ERIC... maybe i will buy this series and watch it at home.. :D
i see other notes from book fans saying they are liking it.

Comments by vanessa : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 08:29 AM

I first read the books and then saw all the 12 episodes after new year. I am hooked! I am counting down the days untill May 12. CAN'T WAIT!

Comments by Sabina : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 05:09 PM

i hated the book and saw the 12 episodeds and they were really retarted

Comments by michelle : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 05:12 PM

The word is retarded. Maybe you should take an "ESL" class instead of spending your time putting down something so obviously over you.

Comments by Vanessa : Monday, January 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Okay, I'm wondering when season 2 starts. I've read all the books out so far. I came addicted to them about 3 years ago. I love the show except for a few things. 1st-Too much sex. I mean the books are not filled with all that crap. I have to send my daughter to her room and bed early before the show comes on to make sure she does see that stuff. (she's almost 11). Then I have to hold the remote the whole time for the MUTE button for when the sex scenes come on. ALSO I read that Robert Pattinson (Twilights-Edward Cullen) tried out for the show and was turned down. THATS CRAZY and I bet they are really regretting that now, since he's like the biggest star out there right now (AND ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS-and after seeing Rob in Twilight, I just can't find BILL attractive at all. He's dull and old looking. Eric looks like a tall sissy. Nothing like the books describe him. Sam is perfect. I was unsure about Anna Paguin as Sookie. She's just not....well, pretty, to be honest. BUT she does a great job acting and I've come to love her in the show. Tara was a BIG CHANGE I think. Overall though I love the show and even my husband (WHO DOES NOT READ AND PICKS ON ME ABOUT READING VAMPIRE NOVELS) HE loves it. We never missed an episode. When does season 2 start?????

Comments by Jen-in-TN : Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Me and my family watched the whole series all we ask is that you don't kill lafayett off he make us keep tuning in just to see what smart ass comment he has to say today

Comments by shavone clark : Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 07:54 PM

Hey whats up my name is Nana and I LOVE TRUE BLOOD. It is my favorite show/series/movie, and I'm hooked like a fish on a pole. I hope someone can send me some information on the next episode to my email. I would really appreciate it. Sookie is my favorite just because I wish I had talent like hers. When I was younger I did believe in Vampires and sometimes I still do even though it does sound crazzy. Cant wait to the next show , I WILL STAY TUNED!!!

Comments by Nana : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I first watched "True Blood" during the all night new years eve marathon. I COULD NOT stop. I was up the entire night. Now I have DVR'd every episode and watch it over and over again. I never expected to be able to replace "Sex in the City" and "The Sopranos", but HBO, you have done the trick. Thanks.

Comments by pam : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM

We signed up for a package of Sat and FREE HBO in hopes to catch an episode and lucked out on New Year's Eve. We are HOOKED! We loved 6FU, and now we can't get enought of TB. Bring on season 2. Now I'm into the books, and I have several friends hooked on TB also. So I think the viewing audience should increase for the second season. Can't wait! Thanks for the fun!

Comments by TB Latebloomer : Friday, January 30, 2009 at 03:52 PM

it`s asome y love it,great job

Comments by jessette roque : Friday, January 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I wanted to watch it, but just never did. When the season was over all the episodes were on demand I had a great week watching all of them now I cannot wait for the second season! And to buy the first season.

Comments by Bilfy : Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 05:30 PM

WHEN THE FUK IS EPISODE 13 COMING OUT LIKE SEASON2? SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME

Comments by amanda : Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 11:11 PM

I love this show so so much! Cannot wait for the second series, when will it be?
Not for ever in the UK i am sure.
Really am crazily in love with Bill, yes i know he is not real, but my god is he ever hot!!!

Comments by Charlotte : Monday, February 02, 2009 at 10:31 AM

My boyfriend and I are addicted to this show!! Can anyone tell me when Season 2 will start?

Comments by Tracey : Tuesday, February 03, 2009 at 11:35 AM

what the hell is wrong with you people. bill is a schmuk. HHEELLOO! read the books! the series is good only b/c every now and then you get to feast your eyes on eric. i can't wait until bills perfidy is outted in the series. i count the days!

Comments by michelle : Wednesday, February 04, 2009 at 12:35 PM

If anyone has actually read the books they would know that bill is an idiot and Eric is soooo hot!

Comments by Brandy : Friday, February 06, 2009 at 01:46 AM

I really like Eric. If the next season is anything like the second and third books everyone will love him.

Comments by crystal : Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 09:27 PM

True blood rules

Comments by jonathan : Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 01:07 AM

I read the first book 6 years ago, and was so happy to find that HBO had made it a show. I hate to know i have to wait for season 2. I love ERIC, and for all u bill lovers just wait... you really all should pick up the books. They are amazing, and the show follows it well. Good cast call by the way HBO, Two thumbs up, and if i had 10 i would give it 10. I love it!

Comments by Krystina : Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I so agree with u brandy!!!

Comments by Krystina : Monday, February 23, 2009 at 12:02 AM

True Blood!!! hott dam son iv been here since the first episode an watched every1 like 6 times a peace, an it never gets old. HBO you have you a huge hit going on, its so amazzing an very addicting, the characters are perfect, anna paquin is the stuff. love the show!

Comments by justin t : Friday, February 27, 2009 at 12:10 AM

True blood has been one of the most interesting serials to hit HBO in a long long time. I've seen the entire first season and I'm completely hooked. Looking forward to the next season. I hope that this goes on for a long time to come. Well done HBO!

Comments by Kurt : Wednesday, March 04, 2009 at 12:45 AM

i love true blood! im so addicted. ive read all the books that are out. im a huge eric fan. cant wait for season 2

Comments by joann : Wednesday, March 04, 2009 at 01:21 AM

i agree that bill is an idiot! read the books if u havent. u will see y he needs to be beat down.

Comments by joann : Wednesday, March 04, 2009 at 01:29 AM

If you have read the sookie stackhouse series then you will know that bill doesnt die....that is if they follow them as they already have. If you havent read the series i must insist you do-this series is wonderful, however it doesnt compare to the books :) I TOO AM AN ADDICT OF THIS SHOW! Especially after reading the novels!

Comments by karnold : Saturday, March 07, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I kinda feel sorry for bill-he does deserve a major beat down from sookie-but come one-like he knew he'd fall in love with her! I think he truely is in love and that in the 8th or 9th book they will rekindle what they share...beats the hell outta her ending up with Eric :)

Comments by karnold : Saturday, March 07, 2009 at 12:45 PM

OMG they don't kill Bill none of the main characs die... everyone should read the books there a lot better then the show!

Comments by hey : Saturday, March 07, 2009 at 02:55 PM

WHEN DOES SEASON 2 ON TRUE BLOOD COME OUT?

Comments by AMANDA : Sunday, March 08, 2009 at 01:30 PM

it says on imdb Season 2, Episode 1: Nothing But the Blood
Original Air Date—3 May 2009 does anybody know where i can watch season 2 let know please.... the webside imdb is: go and look http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/episodes#season-2...

Comments by BIG FAN : Sunday, March 08, 2009 at 10:39 PM

This series was great, and that says a lot as I rarely watch tv. I found a solution to waiting for next TV season that works for me. I purchased the first 4 Sookie Stackhouse audiobooks from Audible and got the remaining 4 on Amazon. The books are even better then the HBO shows. I've listened to them once and plan to enjoy them again. By that time, book 9 will be out, and I'll get it. Then, I'll watch the next season.

Comments by Kindred Spirit : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I have looked everywhere..When does season 2 start. It is a simple question that was asked many times but no one affiliated w/ the show can give us a date to look forward to. TELL ME!!

Comments by Lena Langley : Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 01:39 AM

I can't wait for season 2 of True Blood. I am constantly reading the latest True Blood news to get me by till its return.

Comments by True Blood : Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I LOVE True Blood. It's simply the best show on television. I can't wait for season II. Don't kill off LaFayette. His character is so funny and interesting. He's a great addition to an already wonderful cast of characters (except Jason's girfriend, she's an idiot).

Comments by Victoria : Monday, March 23, 2009 at 01:40 PM

I agree, LaFayette was such a powerful character on the show, it was sad to lose him...in the books he's a small &bit player's; part (and unless they deviate from the book, it's bye bye LaFayette. FYI..Season one is EXACTLY like the book with the exception of eliminating Bubba &Elvis Lives;(liberties were taken to round out the story...the books are from Sookie's perspective and of course Sookie can't be everywhere all the time). FYI, Bill is Dead! Duh, Vampire! But as of the last book, he is still walking, talking and chugging down TruBlood. (I think Charlaine is up to 9 books now...new one due out in May.)

Comments by Reader/Watcher fan : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 05:44 PM

Vampires forever!!! I would like to see more Eric in the show. He is sooo BAAAADDD!. I love Bill too, but he is so straight. Need some fun!

Comments by chesca stein : Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 08:22 PM

Okay, I totally got addicted to TrueBlood from the get go. When the season ended I was lost!! I discovered the books shortly after the end of season 1 and oh my god, can you believe they are even more addicting than the show!!! So I finished all 9 books in 2 weeks and once again am lost!! I tried to fill the void with Twilight and I do love that book series but the movie ruined it for me! Is it May yet? so sad, the next book and Season 2 come out in May. What will I do for the next month. So glad to see there are so many other TrueBlood fans out there. Let's keep the seasons rolling, alan Ball does such a great job with the books I'd hate to see it cut short!
BTW, Bill's an ass, read the books! We will definitly be seeing more Eric and he is soooo Mr January!

Comments by nikke : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 06:18 PM

i love true blood i was so mad when it stop playing i want it back on when is it coming back?????

Comments by dezy : Thursday, April 09, 2009 at 10:11 PM

True Blood season 2 premieres on June 14 on HBO.

Comments by Pati : Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Please hurry up with season cant wait true blood is the best series addicted to it cant get enough of it

Comments by Dee : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I too was a late bloomer but comcast got it on demand right now and i'm hooked i love how Vampire blood is like crack lol idk i just cant wait for season two to start

Comments by Christin Elizabeth : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 05:11 PM

i absolutely love trueblood.i just went out and bought the first season.brava Ms.Harris!

Comments by sarah yocham : Friday, June 19, 2009 at 08:13 PM

ok all I hear about is that people love the show but what I want to know is when does it come out on dvd I need to know so my mom will stop calling me and asking. so if anybody knows let me know at tylorsattler@yahoo.com

Comments by Try and hurt me you will fail : Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 01:49 PM

someone please tell me when season 2 is expected to be out on dvd!?!?i might just not make it!!!!!

scrybitch5@yahoo.com

Comments by nicole : Wednesday, September 09, 2009 at 02:40 PM

The show is broadcast on the premium cable network HBO in the United States. It is produced by HBO in association with Ball's production company, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment. It premiered on September 7, 2008 and I am a fang-banging, vampoo loving jackass.

Comments by Matt Narciso : Thursday, September 23, 2010 at 03:33 AM