Main > Archives > 2008 > October > Adult Swim's Hit Show Robot Chicken Could Be Cancelled

Monday, October 06, 2008

Adult Swim's Hit Show Robot Chicken Could Be Cancelled

robot chicken logo cancelled

Rumors are circulating that Robot Chicken, an Emmy Award-winning show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, could be cancelled after the fall season. I couldn't find any confirmation that Adult Swim will pull the plug on the popular, sketch comedy series written by Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, but perhaps the show has reached its peak audience.

The title of the show implies a childish premise, but it appeals to the 25-40 -year old market. It's a compilation of parodies and sketches that combine late 70's and 80s references with pop culture (I.E. President Bush dreaming about being Luke Skywalker and Optimus Prime of Transformers performing a prostate cancer Public Service Announcement). Regardless of the rumor's validity, It's a valuable lesson in marketing. As Nick at Nite learned. You can only gear your product to a niche audience,for so long before it needs some revising and tweaking to preserve its appeal.

We'll keep you posted on the latest developments.

By Matt O'Hern at 09:18 AM | Comments (8)

(8) Thoughts on Adult Swim's Hit Show Robot Chicken Could Be Cancelled

at the end of last nights epidose S03E20 it had a small sketch of adult swims ceo cancelling robot chicken titling Robot Chicken 2005-2008, than he was soon after killed. Robot Chicken, hopefully, will live in for at least another season.

Comments by Connor : Monday, October 06, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Robot Chicken does not need to be canceled because it gives ppl something to look foward to and its the greatest show on adult swim ever!!!!P.S.please dont cancel it

Comments by Kaleigh : Monday, October 06, 2008 at 08:56 PM

Seth green and his team should just do their own network. There are a lot of undertone messages that air a hint of hard truth at every aspect of our society.
I wouldn't be surprised if they got attention beyond corporate level and got brought down in a quiet smear campaign.
You can almost see the footsteps of the men behind the curtain.
They do not want free-thinker's outside of this propaganda machine all around us.
It's a conspiracy man...
damn..
I am so high right now.

~Dave

Comments by Dave : Tuesday, October 07, 2008 at 03:55 AM

They did something similar about being "canceled" at the end of each season so far. I guess we won't know till season 4 airs.

Comments by Curt : Thursday, October 09, 2008 at 09:19 AM

Dont cancel this show. It is so great i love it.

Comments by Brian Warnke : Monday, November 24, 2008 at 03:14 AM

i like robot chicken soooo much,, i bought a real chicken and made sweet sweet love to it,,

Prais Jesus for dem der chicken..hallaloooya,,ah men.

Comments by Drew : Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 01:50 AM

Robot Chicken should be canceled! It sickens me to my stomach. How dare the guys who made dare to sink that low?

To those who think Robot Chicken should last forever, you're delusional! That's the one of the worst shows ever to be created. If you don't like my opinion, deal with it!

But if you love that Adult Swim series so much, you can go bye bye with it for all I care.

If there's a law against creating that pathetic program, I'd use it to sue the jerks who made the show.

So death to Robot Chicken!

Comments by Robot Chicken hater : Friday, April 29, 2011 at 09:50 PM

i think robot chicken is crappy. And I thought this show was cool when I was 16 or so.. It's annoying as hell now, it needs to be cancelled!! Who over the age of 17 watches this?

Comments by casey : Saturday, August 06, 2011 at 03:45 AM