Main > Archives > 2006 > August > Social Philanthropy & Google PageRank

Friday, August 11, 2006

Social Philanthropy & Google PageRank

I encourage all of you to find a new, notable blog that has no PageRank yet, link to it and say why you linked to it. Yes this is how the blogosphere began, back when noone knew what blogs were. But in today's world of, "I'm only going to link to the A-List bloggers so I can linkbait them", linking to a low traffic blog is rare. So here goes...

Morten (Martin too)is doing some cool things and it doesn't matter whether or not you take notice right now, later you'll be forced to. Hat tip Shellen.

Update:
Here's another good guy you've never heard of taking me up on my challenge.

By Jason Dowdell at 12:55 PM | Comments (10)

(10) Thoughts on Social Philanthropy & Google PageRank

I completely agree with going out and looking for non a-listers, have found many including you, wait, who the hell are you? ;)

Your contact form is bugging out when I try to submit?

Aaron

Comments by Aaron Pratt : Friday, August 11, 2006 at 01:46 PM

I'm just some dork sitting in a batcave on the coast of Central Florida that is married to the most beautiful woman in the world and has two bright & sweet daughters. And I've been in the seo world since 97 and sold a company to THK back in '04.

Comments by Jason : Friday, August 11, 2006 at 02:48 PM

Well I bet you have showered and left your house today already so I got your ass beat homie! ;)

Comments by Aaron Pratt : Friday, August 11, 2006 at 03:02 PM

I have no idea what that's suppose to mean.

Comments by Jason : Friday, August 11, 2006 at 03:04 PM

an SEO named Jill Whalen often does not get out of her PJ's until noon, I work from a laptop in my kitchen, a "batcave" sounded like you also might work from home in a laid back fashion. Sorry for not clarifying...got to run, thanks for the help on syndicated news.

Comments by Aaron Pratt : Friday, August 11, 2006 at 04:50 PM

I know Jill and would love to work from home but my children would love me to play with them when I am home so I have an office.

Comments by Jason : Friday, August 11, 2006 at 04:54 PM

your wife would love to play with you at home as well :)

Comments by shannon : Friday, August 11, 2006 at 05:03 PM

I myself am working on Artists of Change, a philanthropy blog. This is a great topic.

Comments by Tyler : Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 04:38 PM

Thanx for mentioning me. I hope to live up to the expectations. I have 100% fucked up my links and rank by changing to WP from Blogger - and I even consider going to my own domain - on advice from Martin and Mikkel. Thanx again for linking.

Comments by Morten Lund : Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 07:18 PM

Think nothing of it, what's a few links between friends anyway ;) The transferrance of pagerank from one domain to another is never easy, especially when you started out on blogspot... However, I highly recommend purchasing your own domain so the pagerank can follow you regardless of your ip address or blogging software. Martin and Mikkel are correct there.

Comments by Jason : Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 08:03 AM