Main > Archives > 2006 > October > New Cisco Logo Thoughts

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New Cisco Logo Thoughts

Ciscos new logo unveiled today Cisco unveiled a new logo and I'm guessing they're going for a less ominous, softer side of the infrastructure giant. Looks a bit too soft, almost childish to me, can you say Crayola Burnt Sienna?

Based on the press release, I guess they're trying to position themselves as more of a content / collaboration / framework company instead of just a hardware play. I guess Wall Street likes it since CSCO is up nearly 2 percent today. I however, am not buying it.

By Jason Dowdell at 03:32 PM | Comments (10)

(10) Thoughts on New Cisco Logo Thoughts

Childish ?? Does the logo looks childish.. Why dont u investigate the philosophy behind this logo change and write..
Dont just blabber something..

Comments by sanjay : Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 11:14 PM

You'll get use to it...... It is a refreshing look. Great job Cisco !

Comments by Uwe Fisher : Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 01:18 AM

My initial reaction to my NetOps Mgr was "a little Hello Kitty-ish" -- but reading the Evolution Statement, the comment about smaller communication devices makes some sense. Also, that whole ultra-square, dead butch design thing is on the outs...or needs to be, anyway.

By the way, what's wrong with childishness? Networking is crazy fun, and security innovation is the ultimate problem-solving challenge. It's why I got into it...it's a new experience everyday. I'm glad the company has taken this risk, and breathed new life into how infrastructure is viewed, implemented and embraced.

Go Cisco! (Sun might learn a thing or two from this... ;-)

Comments by Carol : Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 12:15 PM

My favorite part of this post is the link to the crayola website.

Comments by everythingyellow : Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 01:15 PM

Where ever did you find such a cool topic? :) It looks kind of Web 2.0 wannabe to me.

Comments by Kevan : Thursday, October 05, 2006 at 05:19 AM

Cisco decided to change their logo in order to reach a new “consumer-centric push.” The new logo looks much simplier compared to the very pixelated logo of the past and I can agree that the move will improve brand awareness for Cisco amongst a very competitive industry.

It was through extensive market research focus studies, Cisco found that they had very low brand awareness compared to their competitors. Cisco will be using television, radio, billboard, and mobile advertising along with their new slogan and logo starting Thursday.

Comments by http://www.caffeinemarketing.com/ : Monday, October 09, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Personally I don't like the new logo. I like the bridge, but the word Cisco reminds me too much of the Costco logo.

Does anyone else think the evolution of the website (specially the top buttons) looks a lot like the Nortel site? www.nortel.com

Comments by Marie : Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 06:03 PM

In a world of businesses that is continually changing to capture new corporate marketshare and mindshare, it is pleasing to see the NEW Cisco logo. This new design has spunk and for those who say this is a childish look, I encourage you to look at Cisco's 6-year stock performance and you will clearly see that it really doesn't matter what they do. They own IT!

Comments by Chris Stamos : Wednesday, October 18, 2006 at 04:11 PM

I really like it, the old logo had become very dated, this logo presents the same image in a fresh and current way.

Comments by Shaun : Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 05:52 PM

While I understand the importance of having a new look, etc... My first reaction was also "Oh geez, that's too childish." I was almost enraged. Went diggin on google looking for a reason behind it. Didn't find anything so I dropped it. Later that what/why became clear.

I'll get used to it, but... it's a little too simplistic, in contrast to their technology.

Anyway, that's what I think.

Comments by Ivan Ivanov : Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 01:42 PM