Main > Archives > 2006 > January > MySpace - Aim Virus Fix

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

MySpace - Aim Virus Fix

There are many variations of this virus and I do not have them so I am not sure which one of these is the right fix for you, but here are all the resources for the Myspace-Aim Virus

Here is an index listing of the AIM Virus that are on Sarc.com

These are direct Links to removal instructions for AIM Viruses, if you know which version you have.

w32.dinoxi.b

w32.imspread.worm

trojan.aimsend

w32.allim.a

w32.allim.b

backdoor.doyorg

Also another program to run to check for virus and spyware problems is hijack this. HJT is a fairly complex program so the best thing to do is to upload your log file to an online analysis and repair site such as Hijackthis.de or HJT at networktechs

These tools should give you a good chance of ridding yourself of this virus and see my post keeping your computer running like new to help keep you virus and spyware free from now on.

Feel free to post questions and comments and I will help as I can.

By Evan Roberts at 01:10 PM | Comments (11)

(11) Thoughts on MySpace - Aim Virus Fix

Hi, I recently got an instant message from somebody I know about a myspace picture. I clicked on it and now it automatically sent it to some of the people that were online on my buddylist, but not all of them. I am now getting a lot of pop-ups on my computer and I need to know how to get rid of this virus. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments by Kevin S. : Friday, August 25, 2006 at 02:42 PM

hey, i started to creat a blog on my myspace and then got bored so left it. but now it is automatically sending out blogs to everyone titled "single? read this.." and "if you have a cell phone..." a friend told me it was a virus but i have no idea where to go from here.. please help?
thankyou!! :)

Comments by Sophie L : Tuesday, September 05, 2006 at 04:56 AM

someone told me that these viruses on myspace that randomly post bulletins and stuff are an account virus, so just change your password and it should work

Comments by CHris : Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 12:56 AM

when will the virus be gone?

Comments by Damon Simmons : Thursday, December 14, 2006 at 04:20 PM

i recently received an instant message from a friend about them wanting to use a pic of us on their facebook. i clicked it and now the virus keeps sending the link to everyone on my buddy list. i did a virus scan with norton antivirus, and then used AIMfix and changed my password, but it still didnt fix it. it will just start IMing everyone on my buddy list and i get flooded with windows. please help. i need to get rid of this virus

Comments by Nick Smith : Friday, January 05, 2007 at 09:44 PM

I was browsing on myspace and clicked on one of my friends and by doing so a lil window popped up and said... yay with a button to click ok. I exited out and my computer was fine for the rest of the night. However this morning I went to get online and it would just pop up as yay instead of being able to make a connection. Do you know what the problem here is??

Comments by Megan : Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 02:34 PM

hi i got this im saying
hi this is a really embarrasing picture but my friends on myspace want to see it so here it is..
it came up with a file that automatically accepted! and then it IMd evryone!

Comments by Craig : Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 12:33 PM

Don't you people realize? Free stars with the letter "F". Nothing is free. Never has been, never will be. You want to play, you'll eventually pay. With all your help, I'll retire a millionaire fixing so many pc's. Thanks.

Comments by Mike : Monday, February 25, 2008 at 08:31 PM

when i try to upload a picture on myspace it keeps exiting out

Comments by Tattered and Torn : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 05:47 PM

yeahh i got this IM saying that there are pictures of myspace of me so i clicked it and then once i downloaded the link i started to send that link to everyone else and tons of pop ups come up. soo havee any ideas? thankss soo muchh

Comments by anonymous : Monday, April 27, 2009 at 02:50 PM

Hey guys, I am in a really tight mess that I can't get out of. I recieved the Aim virus just a few days ago by clicking on a link in I.M. It wanted me to download it, but I thought it was harmless, so I did. Boy was I wrong! It seems that I got 2 of the viruses instead of 1. The trojan and worm virus. Now, I can't even open up my mozilla firefox, microsoft office, and many more icons on my computer. Plus, when I go to control panel to erase unwanted junk, it would not even let me open it up. Nothing seems to work, so please if anyone has any info on this, please don't hesitiate to write any useful comments.

Comments by VJ Pandey : Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 01:30 PM