Main > Archives > 2005 > September > Apostle Is My Clothing Sponsor

Friday, September 09, 2005

Apostle Is My Clothing Sponsor

Apostle Clothing is my official clothing sponsor.One of my good friends, Jimmy Buchanan, is a partner in Apostle Clothing. Jimmy and his partners have recently refined their clothing line and put together some stuff I really dig. Since Apostle's still pretty much an underground label I was thinking of what I could do to help them out in a way that was mutually beneficial. About 3 weeks after talking to Jimmy about my interest in lending a hand I had a moment of clarity. The skies parted and angels were singing in the background...
"Become a team rider for Apostle"

So that was the thought, but then I remembered I've broken both arms 3 times, mostly due to skateboarding accidents and I need my hands for typing so I couldn't risk another broken arm. But the sponsorship idea still rang in my head and I thought, "shoot, I'll be their sponsored blogger".
Just like a team rider except I'm the team writer.

So last night we sealed the deal and I'm now officially on the Apostle team. I can't believe word of this has already gotten into the blogosphere since the deal was only closed at 1:00 am last night.

Breakdown of My Clothing Sponsorship
* I'll be wearing Apostle clothing at all conferences I attend, yes, even if I'm speaking I'll be wearing their clothes.

* I won't wear the Apostle clothes I'm not keen on, like the crazy Alvin shirt. There's a good reason it's on closeout right now ;)

* I will soon slap a couple Apostle stickers on my blog. Since I don't ride a skateboard for them I have to put the stickers somewhere. I'll also slap a sticker on my surfboard since I have yet to break an arm surfing.

* My luggage will be tagged with Apostle's logo in some fashion.

* Other than this post, I will only talk about Apostle on my blog when they have a new line I'm hip to and think my friends would dig as well.

* I am receiving no cash but I will receive lots of killer clothes.

Why Would A Skateboard Clothing Company Sponsor A Marketing Blog
We geeks love us some skater / urban clothing. It's comfortable, it looks good and it makes us think we can still skate and do all the stuff the great extreme sports atheletes do without actually having to exercise.

Additionally, in order to make the lines between church and state a bit broader, it allows a company to sponsor a blogger in an industry that's not their direct target audience.

Last but not least, I really love their clothes and isn't a sponsorship about getting stuff for free you're willing to pay for anyway? I mean, pro surfers, skateboarders, freestyle motocross riders, all of them get stuff for free they've been paying money for their entire lives so it makes it that much sweeter.

Well that's it for now, can you digg it?

By Jason Dowdell at 12:15 PM | Comments (13)

(13) Thoughts on Apostle Is My Clothing Sponsor

I have written a few commercials that are so orginal, I think that they would be awesome for this brand. Please email me to learn more!!!

Comments by Gail Currie : Monday, August 14, 2006 at 02:36 PM

Do you have examples of the commercials online?

Comments by Jason : Monday, August 14, 2006 at 03:17 PM

may i be a or an/ sponsor
ART

Comments by athur darby : Sunday, April 08, 2007 at 10:28 PM

I love fashion and i am trying to starts my fashion line i am only 16 and i wonted to start now i have made somethings be for but have sold some of themm and i am trying to get started but i really am not all that sure how to start well email me back when u have something to say

Comments by Deanna : Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:22 AM

I have a logo that i want it to establish but don't exactly know how to get start.Just wondering if you guys would take a look at it and maybe sponsor my clothingsline.thank you.

Comments by chee saetern : Wednesday, April 02, 2008 at 09:45 PM

I'm an aspiring and fairly accomplished MC/Producer from the Bay Area. I am currently seeking sponsorship from clothing and product based companies. I am continuously releasing new material, touring and have a substantial fan base (both on line and physical). I'm seeking a brand that represents my own personal style and would appeal to my fan base. If sponsoring an artist is something you may be interested in, please check out my website, listen to my stuff and let me know if we can work something out. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Peace

Kristo

Comments by KristoMusic : Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 01:18 AM

i love to be your skating sponsor

email me to check out videos if your interested

Comments by kevion : Friday, July 31, 2009 at 12:15 PM

ok what email can i send my videos to?
and talk to me from yahoo email this is confusing here

Comments by kevion : Monday, August 17, 2009 at 11:08 AM

how can you sponsor me with clothes so that i can dress the people who are acting at my movie

Comments by thandi masilela : Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 07:11 AM

clothes is what we need,we back on the block with a new single a new deal so check us out the new alliance a rap group that needs that new look, thanks.

Comments by darrio : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I HAVE A CLOTHING LINE THAT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO CHECK OUT MAYBE WE CAN BE BENEFICIAL TO ONE ANOTHER THE NAME IS GRIZZLY GRINDIN NICE FIT FOR SKATEBOARDERS THAT GO EXTRA HARD CHECKOUT PICS ON MYSPACE catalog will be up shortly.THANKS & ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Comments by Kirk Salvant : Friday, December 25, 2009 at 08:42 PM

Scouting a clothing sponsor for a very talented artist. He is currently signed with Ruthless records. however, they are not even helping him get shit together. I am merely a fan friend willing to put footwork in for this guy becuase I KNOW he is going to blow up!...He writes his own lyrics, makes/edits his own videos and does ALL his own work!!...The link above...this was done in his basement, where he lives with his mother.!..Talent is extrodinare!..If you have any suggestions or can guide me in a path that will help him with some jeans and t-shirts for his videos it would be GREATLY appreciated...Take a look, please!...

Comments by Melissa : Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 03:03 PM

hello im 14 and a skater i am very good for my age an i want a clothing sponser i was sponsered by airwalk sap and blnaks skateboards so if u want a rider message me at yahoo thnks

Comments by Trevor mcdonald : Monday, November 15, 2010 at 01:44 PM